What a crap weekend

iamasadlittleboy

Re: What a crap weekend

Hard to be proud when most of those wins were against guys who obviously stood no chance.... ugh, honestly Floyd could have fought more top competition, but Chavez spent too much time inflating his resume fighting F class fighters. Floyd could have easily have a record like that if he fought a lot more F rated fighters.... so yeah. I'm not too sure about some of Chavez' big wins either..... but meh...

He'll retire with a record similar to Marciano's, but that won't matter as Rocky fought the tougher opposition. Floyd is clearly an ATG,

He'll be relatively low on the list for me - more embarrassing that Pacquiao fought more prime welters than Floyd did, even with the strings attached.

Well the Morales fights for Pacquiao aren't really significant because Morales was about shot, but Pacquiao, even belatedly, fought the guys at welter and light-welter Mayweather hadn't bothered to: Clottey, Margarito, Cotto, Bradley etc. Pacquiao was opportunistic in the way he fought many of these guys, but at least he made the effort, while Maywetaher was doing almost nothing or suddenly taking fights nobody had asked for, or had asked for 5 years previously.

Didn't say that he beat them at their best, but he did fight them, a better version of Cotto, you could argue, though he surely had flashes of Margy in his fight with Pac. Honestly, I give Floyd a bit more credit for beating Cotto, as he fought him at a higher weight, thus no weight drained excuse could be made, and damn near took him out. Clottey.... really just a stand in, Bradley, I think was only raised up high as a fill in for Floyd to make people think "Oh hey, he fought a guy like Floyd, did pretty good, got robbed, and slaughtered him the 2nd time he'll kill Floyd." which is a shame, as I think Bradley is more than just a Floyd clone, he's his own fighter in his own right.