Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which US PPV will do the best?

Re: Which US PPV will do the best?

Quote Originally Posted by selij View Post
    A lot of the general public might/do believe it. And he's tried to hide the fact his hands really are fucked. I personally think after the 49 and 0 he will take 2-3 years off and return for 1, or more likely, a 2 fight superdeal. And then call it a day.
    He should just fight Khan after Berto and call it a day. Would love to see him do a number on Khan, just to hear Khans post fight interviews/excuses.

This ainīt gonna be Floydīs last fight.
    Canelo vs Cotto is gonna take much more suscriptions than Floyd vs Berto.
    The "double Cīs" are real warriors, and their last fights got people waiting for this one.

Canelo vs Cotto is gonna take much more suscriptions than Floyd vs Berto.
    Although Canelo vs Cotto is the far more interesting fight - where is the evidence to say that it will top TBE's 49 and 0 PPV buys? I cannot for the life of me see where people draw this logic from? Canelo's last PPV drew 300,000 and Cotto's last PPV drew 315,000. TBE's last PPV drew 4,400,000.

I think Mayweather will get more buys because of who he is and where he's at right now in his career, plus more casual boxing fans might splash out on the PPV after seeing him beat Pacman. But the Cotto fight will still do very well because of the great matchup.

Although Canelo vs Cotto is the far more interesting fight - where is the evidence to say that it will top TBE's 49 and 0 PPV buys?
    --- Where's the evidence that TBE will top Canelo/Cotto?

I don't know and neither do you any more than if TBE could beat The Greatest Ever, Ali Raymi, in Yemen. There was a huge backlash against boxing in Floydy's last fight as the public is starting to really smell the stink that he has created @ MGM Floydy. His figures against Guerrero who was on the upswing were so bad that Showtime never released the numbers lest it take away from the huge numbers they anticipated with Canelo. Berto a known drug cheat has been looking shot while Floydy has been stinking. Most fans blew their wads on his last fight, so they need a chance to reset recoup their losses.

We'll see soon enough about all this meaningless PPV fluff that with punch monkey stats has dumbed down the dialogue of boxing. What did Mayorga/Mosley II do in PPVs? Inquiring minds want to know...
    "I knew that Clay would have to move backwards and fight. All I had to do is fight." ..................Joe Frazier after the first Ali fight.

I think, the fans want to see Mayweather.

Where's the evidence that TBE will top Canelo/Cotto?
    TBE = 4.4m in last fight as opposed to 300,000 in carrot top's and cotto's last fights.......

Put carrot top and cotto's last PPVs together and they amount to 615,000. Not difficult math Bobby.
    Last edited by selij; 08-31-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Bobby's non attendance in Math classes

TBE = 4.4m in last fight as opposed to 300,000 in carrot top's and cotto's last fights.......

Put carrot top and cotto's last PPVs together and they amount to 615,000. Not difficult math Bobby.
    --- Adding up apples and oranges to figure your fig and lemon crops, eh?

Sweet...

1. TBE vs Berto - this is Floyd's 49 and 0 and possibly his last ever fight. 4.4m buys for the Pacroid fight. If half of the buyers are pissed over the last "non-event" the Berto fight will still outsell Canelo vs Cotto and GGG vs Lemieux totalled together.

2. Canelo vs Cotto - 1.0-1.3m

3. GGG vs Lemieux - <1m

No one listens to me

..........results are out GGG <150K

Source

No one listens to me

..........results are out GGG <150K

Source
    Stiil, Mayweather-Berto only did around half a million, so there's chance for your overall prediction to be wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2