Parker vs Tupou ! (spoilers)

Cableaddict

Joseph Parker does it again !

https://yadi.sk/mail/?hash=JzdSkGWAHJNc%2FACg4l8KzwuKFrujcmvTqEwkYsTiZ4o%3D&uid=138123854

(Thanks as always, Selij.)

--------------------------------------

OK, Tupou isn't exactly Joe Frazier, but he IS powerful, aggressive, and dangerous. Parker dealt with him calmly, showing excellent defensive footwork, intelligent use of the clinch, and then taking advantage of Tupou's wildness, closing the show at the first available opening.

DAYUM !!!

This guy just keeps getting better. I think if he fought Joshua tomorrow, AJ would head for that jungle were Haye used to hand out, and hide there for a few years. Parker is the future. Top-5 at an absolute minimum.

==============

I also think this is the blueprint for how Wilder needs to deal with Povetkin. Wilder does have excellent defensive footwork, but I don't think I've ever seen him initiate a defensive clinch. I mean like NEVER.

He'd better learn how. That is, how to do it right, without leaving himself open on the separation. Hopefully, he'll see and study this fight.

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Parker vs Tupou ! (spoilers)

OK, Tupou isn't exactly Joe Frazier, but he IS powerful, aggressive, and dangerous.

Tupou is no better than the sort of crap being fed to the likes of Anthony Joshua - he's a big lump who charges forward with and throws the occasional wild swing, then gets flattened.

The only notable KO on his record is Otis Tisdale - against Malik Scott, he did almost nothing for the entire fight and then retired hurt, and against Jennings he did much the same as against Parker - coming forward in straight lines, except Jennings lacks Parker's explosive power, and got careless, letting himself get clipped by an overhand right.

I like Parker and I hope he does well, but until he tests himself against a proper opponent, he's no more proven than Joshua.

Edited by gavpowell

Re: Parker vs Tupou ! (spoilers)

Some claiming it was a dive. I thought it was a case if Tupou being reckless and getting nailed coming in.

--- Exposed the boxrec sissies as being completely blind, claiming it was a right hand.

Maybe they were all from Oz and get their video feeds in a mirror image, or more likely drunk, but I must say that even in slo-mo Parker has some very fast hands. His right came over the top as Bowie was already going down to hit his trapezoid. The right was sandwiched between two left hooks that didn't look that concussive, but together must have been enough. It's only because boxing is so crooked that a dive is being discussed. I'd say Parker would knock out Wilder right now, he looks phenomenal for being so young, what, 23...