Carl frampton

Zute

Re: Carl frampton

He's ducking his mandatory if he moves up! Shingo Wake would eat him alive and he knows it! Then again Featherweight is a bit of a dragons den...especially considering he's a short arse with stubby arms...

Please...don't be ridiculous! :ranger: Aren't you overrating your guy just a little bit? Eat CARL FRAMPTON alive? I don't think a fighter exists today who can do that. Outbox him yes. Maybe wear him down, maybe. There must be guys out there that are stronger, tougher, perhaps. But eat him alive? No way.

Despite the victory, Frampton was “disappointed with my display”. He added: “I was in shock a bit after the first round as I had never been knocked over before but I recovered well from the two flash knockdowns. I have to give Alejandro González so much credit. It's not the performance I wanted but he can punch, he's a warrior.”

It was an enjoyable fight and I think he reacted well to the first round in fairness. Took a few rounds for him to just take a step back and not be so eager, he was trying too hard to make up for the early knockdonws.

This is obviously why McGuigan has wrapped him up in cotton wool till now. Hes got a glass jaw.

I think that's not a given assumption. The first knockdown was a simple jab knocking him off balance as he was also throwing. He wasn't hurt by it. The second, again he was crouched down, was tagged behind the ear and naturally buckled a bit. It wasn't a suggestion of a weak chin as he wasn't hit there. There was 1 clean overhand land flush on his temple later on in the fight and he walked right through that and fired off his own combination.

I would like to see him take on Quigg in the near future though I have no issue with him moving up weight either. He will face much taller guys and people who can throw harder punches so will be interesting to see how he fairs there.

What does the forum think of Carl? I like him because he is in exciting fights, but I am not sure how much longer he will win. What are your thoughts?

--- I'd say he's got a great future in exciting British rivals and can exceed well internationally. Moving to feather would be excellent as clearly he's too big for his current division, the writing on the wall.

This is obviously why McGuigan has wrapped him up in cotton wool till now. Hes got a glass jaw.

Yeah, good job he hasn't fought a puncher like Kiko Martinez, 'cos then he'd get absolutely murdered.

Edited by gavpowell

[h=1]Give Carl Frampton a break, says Barry McGuigan[/h]Team Frampton have been aware of the criticism from some quarters on social media regarding the Belfast man's points victory over Alejandro Gonzalez jr in El Paso on Saturday but former World featherweight champion McGuigan says it will only act as motivation going forward.

The IBF World super-bantamweight champion returned home yesterday with wife Christine on the back of his second successful title defence, when he had to get off the floor twice in the opening round.

McGuigan said: "I'm aware of the criticism and the sources and I'm not going to waste my time. I know how good Carl Frampton is and how good he is going to become.

"We had 2.5 million UK viewers, two million viewers in the States and we had 69 per cent of the audience in Northern Ireland and those figures speak for themselves.

"We know Carl was not at his very best, but he recovered and won nine or 10 of the 12 rounds and the Americans loved him and want him back. We have a path for Carl and we know he is going to go down as an all-time great fighter."

Source: belfasttelegraph.co.uk

And who is that stopped clock, you or me?

Well, originally I meant me. Only trouble is, in the film, Marwood(the narrator) is a reasonable, considered sort of chap. Withnail on the other hand is a ranting maniac. So on that basis, you are ;-)

Well, originally I meant me. Only trouble is, in the film, Marwood(the narrator) is a reasonable, considered sort of chap. Withnail on the other hand is a ranting maniac. So on that basis, you are ;-)

Ha, I don't mind, Richard E. is cool. :cool:

I was shocked when he was put down twice in the first round. But I have to say, that Gonzales jr was a tough fighter. He was much tougher than he looked.

Although Frampton didn't breeze through the fight like everybody expected him to, He still adjusted and then dominated the rest of the fight. I was nervous that Gonzales was still landing, and could rock him again, but Carls class came through!

Not his best performance, but a very entertaining scrap for his American debut!